Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Banana Blondies
Sweet, Salty and SO SO Healthy!
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Blondies are now my FAVORITE thing to bake! Especially when I have a ton of overripe bananas about to take a turn for the worst!
I have to say, I am not much of a baker, but when I was faced with bunches of over ripe bananas I had two options freeze them or bake them.
And I ended up doing both!
And one of those bananas turned into the most soft, warm, fluffy Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Banana Blondie you will ever lay your eyes (and taste buds on!)
These Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Banana Blondies are gluten free, flour free, refined sugar free and only require 1 bowl and a pan to bake them in! Not to mention they’re Paleo friendly and low carb for all of my friends out there!
What goes into these Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Banana Blondies?
Well First here’s a tip…
- Before you begin baking gather all the ingredients so you don’t find yourself all over the kitchen (like I normally am) tearing apart cupboards to get all the ingredients while you are in the middle of preparing the blondies!
7 Ingredients Needed:
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (or any nut butter of your liking)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2-4 Lily’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Fit Joy Pretzels
- A mixing bowl
- 8×8 Pan
- parchment paper
Easy as 1,2,3!
- Mash the banana in the mixing bowl
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the baking powder, PB Cups, and chopped pretzels to the mix and stir well!
Time to bake!
Once the batter is mixed well, pour it into a parchment lined 8×8 baking dish and bake in the oven at 350F for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes stick a tooth pick into the bars to see if it is fully baked. If the toothpick comes out clean (no bread remnants on it) it is done! If there is some pieces stuck to the tooth pick bake for a few more minutes checking for doneness every 5 minutes.
Once the bars are done baking let them cool in the dish for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack for another 10-20 minutes to allow them to finish cooling.
Time to Enjoy!
After you patiently wait for these bars to cool (try not to burn yourself by trying them early. Trust me it hurts!) you can then proceed to slice them, plate them and serve them!
I ended up taking these to my Grandma and Grandpas before I left for California and they didn’t even make it 6 hrs. They were gone before I could get seconds.
May I suggest you set aside half for yourself just in case?
Like I said these didn’t last long in my life but if you want to keep these for a bit longer place them in an air tight container.
Now you really have 3 options:
- If you leave them at room temperature they only last about 3 days.
- Place them in the fridge for up to 3 weeks!
- Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-6 months!
How long would these last in your house?
Full Recipe Below!
PB Cup Pretzel Banana Blondies
- 1 banana mashed
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter sub any nut butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Lily's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- ½ Cup Fit Joy Pretzels pulsed/finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mash one over ripe/ soft banana with a fork.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla to the bowl and stir well.
- Next add the chopped PB cups, pretzels and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the parchment lined baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then another 20 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Cut and enjoy!